Hand tool working awkwardly

Hey guys!

I’m a recent convert from Flash who is in the process of finally teaching myself Animate 2. I’m on a Mac, using a small Cintique, and I’ve just come across one of those niggly little problems that don’t seem big, but completely ruin one’s work flow.

When I use the mouse - I hold the spacebar - it temporarily toggles to the hand tool - I click and drag to look around the stage - I let go of the spacebar and return to whatever tool I was using.
Perfect, this is how it’s supposed to work.

But when I use my Cintique - I hold my pen just above the surface - I press spacebar - tool toggles to the hand tool (perfect so far) - but the stage is already moving around, I’m not yet ‘clicking’ (touching the screen) as if it’s permanently clicking, and I have to let go of the space bar for each little movement. Clicking has no effect on anything. (Sorry, this is hard to describe with text)

Is anyone else having this trouble? Is there a setting I can change?

Is this how it’s supposed to work? Cause it makes the hand tool almost unusable to me, and I use it all the time.

Updating the Wacom driver to the latest version fixes this problem, to anyone having the same badly described problem as me.