From Windows to Mac?

I was looking at the online store for Animate 2 and noticed that you had to pick either Windows or Mac.

Most applications I buy that support both come with both.

I’ve been thinking of going back to Mac in the next year or so. If I bought Animate now for Windows, will I have to buy it again for Mac or is there a way to “transfer / cross-grade / convert” from Windows to Mac etc?

you need to check with support to be sure (as i am in no way connected to toon boom) but I logged into my account and I have the option of downloading the mac or PC version.

I am guessing the option is there for if you deciede you want the box and not the download (but even if you get the box you still get the download too).

When you purchase the software you can download either version, you’re not locked in to one or the other. Also, your license key is valid on either a mac or a windows machine, so all you have to do is make sure that when you are switching machines, you return the license from one machine before setting it up on the new one.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Ah, thank you.

What do you mean “return” the license?

The license can only be active on one computer at a time, so if you’re going to switch computers, you need to return the license from your first machine then activate it on your second. Here are the instructions on how to return a license:

http://www.toonboom.com/support/activation/return_license_2/

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support