Frames randomly being cleared

I’m running the trial version of Animate to see whether it’s worth buying it, but I’ve got a recurring issue that makes the software unusable.

I don’t know if I’m accidentally pressing an inconvenient keyboard shortcut, or if the software has an issue, but I keep losing the content of my frames.

I’m doing frame-by-frame animation using a tablet with a pen, so it’s a lot of work to re-draw everything that goes missing.

The frames remain, as if they have content, but are empty.

It seems to happen in saving the file, as far as I can tell. I’m using Dropbox and working on 2 computers (a tablet for drawing, and a large screen laptop for other tasks) and when I save on one, then open on the other, certain frames are empty.

The first instance, an entire layer was emptied on every frame. The second time, only some of the frames from one layer were empty.

I have no idea how to fix this, or even why it’s happening, so any help would be welcomed.

The project files need to be on the same drive as the operating system and software. You can archive them anywhere, however, while working they must be on the same drive. Are you doing the transfer on the fly or saving the project and closing one installation down then taking the project folder and transferring it to the other computer using Dropbox?

Some frame by frame info:

http://docs.toonboom.com/help/animate/#HAR/Stage/005_Traditional_Animation/000_CT_Traditional_Animation.html%3FTocPath%3DToon%20Boom%20Animate%20User%20Guide|Toon%20Boom%20Animate%203%20User%20Guide|Chapter%205%3A%20Traditional%20Animation|_____0

Ah, then that’d be the issue. No, I was saving it directly into Dropbox.

I did in the end, manage to recover my lost frames, too. They still appeared when I opened the project on the device they were drawn on.