Floating license option?

I have a license for Animate Pro 3 on my desktop and recently bought a Surface Pro. I’d like to use my license between the two, never using both at the same time. I have moved my license to a different machine before for a permanent license move by deactivating on one computer and activating on the new one. Would this method work for more frequent back-and-forth with my license? Would a different licensing method work better? Are there any risks to repeatedly moving my license like limits to the number of transfers?

For something like this you really should contact Support to get very specific information in addition to anything other users may share.

It would be useful to other people if you returned to this thread and quoted their response verbatim.

Here is a thread that speaks of a similar situation. Sounds pretty easy to make a couple changes. It is relative as other people have complained that doing just about anything when switching between two devices is too much trouble.

https://forums.toonboom.com/toon-boom-animate-family/support-and-troubleshooting/toon-boom-animate-pro-3-surface-pro-2-2nd-compu

TB Knowledge Base:
Can I use a Toon Boom product on multiple computers at the same time?
You can install Toon Boom software on more than one machine, however it can only be activated on one machine at a time. If you need to run our Professional products on a different computer, you must first deactivate the license on the current computer, then reactivate the license on the new computer.

Thanks for the link to the thread. It appears that moving the license back and forth may work for me as long as I don’t lock myself out of either computer permanently. I can understand if floating licenses are harder to engineer and less secure for the developer. I’ll contact Support about this directly on Monday to see if there are other solutions, but otherwise I can live with the license activation hokey pokey.

Just a follow-up. I never got around to contacting Support about the issue once I got used to moving my license around. It has worked out very well for me moving the license between the desktop and my Surface Pro. I just keep my license in an Evernote doc and the License Wizard in a shortcut and always take a moment to return the license between sessions.

Just a follow-up. I never got around to contacting Support about the issue once I got used to moving my license around. It has worked out very well for me moving the license between the desktop and my Surface Pro. I just keep my license in an Evernote doc and the License Wizard in a shortcut and always take a moment to return the license between sessions.

The license in the Evernote doc is so you can copy/paste or reference it easily, correct?