Flip Boom Bug - Brush Cursor Problem

(Will there be a Flip Boom user forum created somewhere?)

I wanted to report a bug, but there was no place on the site to do this, so I’m posting here.

I just installed Flip Boom and when in the brush mode, the mouse cursor is in the shape of a text cursor (vertical line) instead of some sort of pointer or brush. This makes it pretty much impossible to draw accurately.

I’m running it on Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop.

Is this a known problem? I guess I should have tried the trial version before purchasing it. :frowning:

- Ted

Hi Ted,

First time I have heard of such a behavior. Is this happening with your mouse as well or only with the Wacom Tablet? If you have something else running on your machine (skin or such) that might interfere with the drivers or your pen tablet or the display of your monitor try turning them down and see if you get better results.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo,

I don’t have a tablet, so this is happening with the mouse (more specifically, with my Dell laptop’s touchpad). Otherwise, I have a pretty stock machine – no special skins or anything. Also, it’s only the brush cursor that’s the problem, the paint (fill) and eraser cursors work correctly.

What else can I look at?

- Ted

Hi Ted,

We have just tried on a laptop and the touchpad seem to be reacting properly. Have you tried using a mouse or is this only happening with the touchpad?

Is there any specific drivers needed for the touchpad? Are you getting the behavior in any other way or is it only with the pad?

You might also want to try to change the renderer from the Edit>Preferences>Display. This might be helping.

Let us know so we can do further investigations.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo,

OK, I figured out the problem: I have the Mouse Properties → Pointers → Scheme set to “Windows Standard (Large)” – because the screen is very high resolution (1920x1600) and it’s hard to see the cursors when they’re normal size. When I change the pointers to the default (None) setting, Flip Boom shows the plus + cursor when in brush mode. I’m assuming that’s the correct cursor.

I then changed the Pointers → Scheme back to the “Windows Standard (Large)” and Flip Boom shows the correct cursor. Hooray!

Very strange. Something to add to the knowledge base, I think. Perhaps windows got the pointers confused or something, I’m not sure.

Thanks for the help.

;ted

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback I added a topic in the knowledge base concerning this.

If you need any further help let us know.

Best regards,

Ugo