Feature requests

I noticed a feature request topic for Animate but not for Harmony. I’d like to suggest a few within the keyboard shortcuts preferences area:

Searchable keyboard shortcuts (like in Flash)
Ability to save custom shortcuts using one of the presets as a base.
All standard keyboard functions shown (currently I can’t find some of the simpler ones on there, and when they are replaced you can’t re-assign their original function without resetting all your other custom shortcuts. An example of this is Delete as a key to just delete a drawing object. This is not in the shortcuts preference menu so therefore I can’t re-assign the Delete key to this function without resetting all my customisation.

The right click menu item I want to assign a shortcut to is shown in the attached image.

Thanks in advance.

delete-drawing-object.jpg

Hi adamoliver,

Some of these have been done in Harmony 12:

Searchable keyboard shortcuts (like in Flash)

This is now possible in Harmony 12. There is a search field at the bottom right of the Shortcut tab.

Ability to save custom shortcuts using one of the presets as a base.

You can assign shortcuts to tool presets. Set shortcuts in the Tool Preset shortcut category and assign them to Tool Presets from the “Tool Preset" toolbar. I hope I understood your request correctly.

All standard keyboard functions shown (currently I can’t find some of the simpler ones on there, and when they are replaced you can’t re-assign their original function without resetting all your other custom shortcuts.

You can set the default value by selecting the command in the shortcut list and clicking the Default button at the top right. Let me know if that is not what you are looking for.

An example of this is Delete as a key to just delete a drawing object. This is not in the shortcuts preference menu so therefore I can’t re-assign the Delete key to this function without resetting all my customisation.

The right click menu item I want to assign a shortcut to is shown in the attached image.

Try the “Delete” command in the General category. It works for me in Harmony 12.

I hope that helps!