Fatal Error - Please help

I am trying to open Toon Boom Harmony Advanced for Mac and I just get this now when it worked fine before -
Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 22.26.01 copy

This person has the same problem but with Storyboard Pro. They never posted back if they fixed the issue.
https://forums.toonboom.com/t/expired-license-fatal-error/19985

Are you on macOS 12 Monterey? Might be best to contact support.

I haven’t updated the Mac OS - didn’t have this problem before

Try and search for the log file ‘HarmonyAdvanced_owner_9999.log’ to find it’s location (It’s in a /tmp/ directory).

Or in Finder menu bar under Go>Go to Folder(shift-cmd+g), type in /tmp (this should take you the folder).

Once you are in the /tmp directory you should see ToonBoom folders and Harmony log and lock files. Delete them you shouldn’t need them. If you want to be safe make a backup folder and dump the files into it. Then try starting Harmony.

I appreciate your help - but I can’t find this tmp file to delete it - it doesn’t appear in the /tmp folder or in the Toon Boom folders as far as I can tell so far

What macOS are you using?

this is an old Mac Book Pro with High Sierra still

No worries, just wondering.

How about trying /var/tmp in Finder>Go>Go to Folder.

That has given me this…

these folders appear to be empty or full CelCache folders that are empty

Funny the ‘ToonBoomCelCacheTempDir’ is there.

Try ~/Library/Application Support in Finder>Go>Go to Folder.

This is what I get there…

Sorry now I’m stumped, you just need to find the location of the log files. They should be in a hidden folder somewhere.

Yeah - I will look tomorrow - thanks for your endeavours

1 Like

Just to make sure, the last folder I got you to check might have not been the right one.
Looks like you went to:
/Library/Application Support
What you want is:
~/Library/Application Support
Make sure you use the tilde (~) above tab Key.
The full path would be: /Users/[yourusername]/Library/Application Support