Extending desktop

I find that even though I’m using a 20" monitor I’d prefer to be able to put the camera views on one monitor and the drawing view on another to create a greater workspace. TBS won’t allow me to do this though as the drawing window is locked into the main window. Is it possible to do this any other way, and does Solo offer this feature?

I have not tried this on a PC although I think you can configure your displays to extend the desktop to facilitate this. I use TBS mostly on the Mac and there are no limitations on spreading out the desk top. But on the PC I think there is also a way, but it is through Windows display configuration that you have to redefine your dual display desktop. -JK

Yeah I’ve tried this… it’s just that because of Toon Boom’s display with the function editor, camera views, drawing space, etc, in separate windows I just thought it might be possible to have some windows on one monitor and the drawing view on another. It might just be me being awkward, but for me this would make TBS perfect as the whole thing looks too cramped.

Hi,

You should be able to use the Horizontal span settings for dual monitor in TBS. Although make sure that your drawing/camera view stays in t the primary screen to avoid having any difficulties with OpenGL.

Best regards,

Ugo

I was wondering that same question. also what is Horizontal span settings

Hi,

Normally when using dual screen you have multiple way of using the second screen. Horizontal span (stretches your desktop so it now fit 2 screen) is one of them. Do not be mistaken with the Dual Screen mode which is actually a second desktop (you can differenciate those easily since in horizontal span your wallpaper is cut in half and in dual screen you usually have 2 wall paper (1 per screen)).

Best regards,

Ugo

How do you do this.

Gridiron - Its been a while since I used 2 screens, but I think you can change those settings by either right clicking on your desktop & going to properties, or checking the display settings in your control panel. I don’t remember which it is, but I’m 99% that one of those two options will get you what you need. Hope it helps

Hi Gridiron,

Kdog informations were correct but depending on your video card it might be deeper in. Once you are in the Settings tab (after right clicking on desktop and entering the Properties) you might need to enter the Advanced section (button at the bottom of the tab). In there access the tab of your video card and you might have some dual screen settings available from this place.

Best regards,

Ugo

I have on laptop also crt-monitor as second display. And usin Aiptek drawing table.

I have problem with toonboom, that don´t work on second display. (it´s same , if i using laptop as second or crt), Toonboom just “freezes” on that second display. and if i drag Toonboom back to “first” display, it works again.

I thought if problem is on laptop´s graphich drive etc. But i test it with GIMP and Canvas, and both works fine. Bug on toonboom?

I´m using 3.0.1. Which i little disappointed about bug´s… And update to 3.5 cost. I understand it´s “new” software but… seems 3.0 users are forget , and i bought it last summer, so it´s pretty new…

Oooh, it´s works, when i changes renderer from settings. From direct3d to opengl… ;D