Exporting

Hello I am a new user to Toonboom Premium 12.

I’ve used previous version of Toonboom in the past and have exported Quicktime formats for work, so I am familiar with some exporting capabilities.

I need help on testing the following for my own project:

1. exporting image sequence as PNG with alpha channel

• currently when I export through the Open GL Frames option, and select PNG, with my colour card layer turned off, the frame exports full black images
  2. the Suffix number padding

• this option is great, but it adds an unwanted hyphen - and this is significant because my current naming structure uses underscores _ and this is important because the programers I am working with are basing a lot of their tools around existing file naming. Is there a way to disable the automated addition of the hyphen - ?
  3. creating sprite sheet for Unity

• I have never done this before, but it’s something I want to explore, can someone point me to an intro tutorial?

Thanks!
J

currently when I export through the Open GL Frames option, and select PNG, with my colour card layer turned off, the frame exports full black images

Harmony exports transparency as black. So if there is no background, it will show as black as transparency as long as you export it as ‘PNG4’.

this option is great, but it adds an unwanted hyphen -

Which option are you using? Is it the script for column name? In general, Harmony uses structure (column_name)-(drawing_name).extention. So as for column name should never use -. But it should create _. Need more information.

can someone point me to an intro tutorial

I assume that you have Unity background. There is more information and samples of the scene at Home - Toon Boom Animation

Hi tochiman,

The PNG4 export did not seem to work, and to double check, I opened in preview and photoshop and it is an all black image, and not the character that I animated with transparent background.

I do not see options for column name in the export options. I need more clarification. Can I contact you by direct chat or phone?

Thanks,
J

Hi J,
Please send your request to support@toonboom.com.
Support team will open a case and follow up.
Thanks
Wei