Exporting to Illustrator

I’m animating a new series and have done lots of artwork in ToonBoom. I’m now hiring additional animators and would love to export the vector characters I’ve created. Is there a way to export to illustrator?

Any/All suggestions welcomed

So I just did a few tests of my own and found that PDF’s hold the vector information which is good news, but I’m hopeful there is some convenient way to export full character models.

I have all characters built with all mouths, angles etc. Is there a way to export those in tact?

Hi,

PDF would indeed be the best option. Otherwise you may have to export to swf and have some kind of converter to transfer the data to pdf/ai format (it probably can be found somewhere on the web).

Regards,

Ugo

Is there a way to export these rigged characters to AfterEffects?

If not, someone should seriously consider a way to make that happen. It would be extremely helpful in collaborating with other animators.

Hi,

If you want to recover the rig itself that I am not sure it can be done. Be aware that AfterEffect is actually a third party application and we don’t have access to all of their data structure to actually recreate the rig (for Flash we are actually using a compatibility mode that dates from the time Flash was opened source to do our export to Flash with the TBSi).

If you want to simply import a rig in vectors inside of AfterEffects you could simply import an swf export done from Toon Boom Studio.

Regards,

Ugo