Exporting Movie with transparency

Hi there,

I don’t find how to export an animation movie with alpha channel.
I use the write module and select million colors+ but still have a black background.

I also try to add a color-card, no change.

Any idea ?

Yep I’ve tried this :slight_smile: But my problem was just the size taken by png sequences x)

Harmony 10.0.1.7547 can not export movie with alpha channel.it’s a bug.
Harmony 10.0.1.7799 and higher version fix this problem.

Hi,

Millions + should work. Without colour card or any background (otherwise there will be no transparency). Where are you opening the mov? In a editing or compositing software? If you put it over another clip you should confirm it has an alpha channel, but it’s black if you just play the clip on a video player.

In quicktime if you check the movie inspector (control or command + i) does it say “millions +” in format?

You could also try via the menu
file > export > movie
In movie options > settings > compression type animation > compressor depth > millions of colours +

Hello,
I use After Effects, when I open the movie it is millions+ format, but it still have the black background.

When I export with file> export> movie it’s the same issues.

I’ve successfully export a movie with alpha channel with After Effects, no issues and it’s the same inspector.

Ahah thanks :slight_smile:

Try exporting image sequence artwork.png4 then import as image sequence into After Effects, works well with Harmony 10. It also solved a bug I had when I rendered a thousand frames and the QT output just bugged out or simply did not work.

Harmony renders stuff pre-multiplied with black. If the editing software is made aware that the clip is pre-rendered to black - it should appear properly.

I have harmony premium 12.2 on window 10 and it doesn’t work.
I have the option but the program is ignoring the plus. Is like the program don’t remember that I pushed million colors + and it select million color by it self.
I really need to export with transparency T.T

chanyuan0811

ugg outlet

michael kors outlet

swarovski jewelry

beats by dre

ugg boots

ferragamo shoes

fitflops sale clearance

cheap nhl jerseys

ray ban sunglasses

burberry outlet