Exporting issues.

I’ve followed a tutorial and the read me file for exporting and I can’t get Harmony to export my videos. I don’t know what to do. It’ll go through everything, but it won’t be in the file where it’s suppose to be. Please help.

Do you have Quicktime installed? You need it to export movies.

Luis Canau

I didn’t before, but even after I have down loaded Quicktime Player I’m still having problems. When I click on export movie, the ‘video options’ button doesn’t work and it doesn’t even export the movie to my computer.

What’s your operating system and Harmony edition? There’s apparently issues in Windows 10 with the more recent versions of Quicktime 7. If that’s your case, uninstall it and then install version 7.7.6 or 7.7.7. Always reboot after uninstalling and reinstalling. If it’s a different case, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling QT anyway…

Luis Canau

I feel it is about time other movie formats would be supported. The reliance on QuickTime on Windows is rather frustrating indeed, and becoming a liability: officially Quicktime is only supported for Vista(!) and Windows 7, and is still a 32bit application. The newest version 7.7.7 does not even run properly on Windows 8 and 10 (7.7.6 is required instead).

I know of no other animation-related software that only supports MOV files - this is 2016, not the nineties. Crazy.

Sorry for the rant.

Well, it’s a fact, there’s way too many issues with Quicktime, I hope Toon Boom changes something for Harmony 13.

Luis Canau

Thanks for the help. I installed an earlier version of Quicktime and I can export my videos now. I’m so happy now. lol So, again, thanks.