Exporting Custom Thickness Stencil Presets

Is there any way to export a custom Thickness Stencil Preset?

IE We’re on a production, and we want to go through existing scenes and apply a consistent texture and line weight to our pencil lines from shot to shot. Ideally, we would create a custom Stencil preset, and apply it to our lines, but as far as I can tell, I can’t export any of my custom stencils to then import across shots.

Help?

On iPad currently can’t open software so not sure about export but think it is an option, however, you can collect the data to paste into other installations. I did it after a crash to save custom brushes. Will update later when at a computer if no one has filled in the info…

I have it in Harmony Premium V14.0.0

http://www.the-maze.com/ToonBoom/Brush-export.png

This comment has been deleted.

I figured out what you are doing wrong. The image in your first post shows the Tool Properties of the Select Tool. You should have the Pencil Tool activated when you export presets. You are trying to export the preset while you are in application mode. When I had everything prepared to apply a stencil to a line I got the same menu without an export option like you have shown in your first post.

What you should be doing… is deselecting any artwork, have the Pencil Tool active (not the Select Tool) and then click on that white menu icon located in the upper right side of the Pencil Properties window just above the preset samples to open the menu where you should see an option to Export.

That’s only for brushes, though, and not for pencil stencils, which is completely different… Does that make sense? One is for drawing new strokes (the brushes), and the other is for applying different pencil widths/textures to existing strokes (the stencils)

I’m working in Premium, but I think you’re referring to just the normal brush export options, not for pencil stencils, which is completely different… Does that make sense? One is for drawing new strokes (the brushes), and the other is for applying different pencil widths/textures to existing strokes (the stencils)

Although you can apply a Thickness Stencil preset like a template to existing lines so they take on the preset’s characteristics, they can also be used for creating new lines just like any other preset. Try using one like any other preset.

Pencil Thickness Stencils are lumped together with all pencil tool options in the User Guide. The export procedure is identical as far as I have read and have been able to test and prove it can be done using my own installation of Harmony 14 Premium.

Pencil Thickness Stencils:

Thickness stencils that are indicated with this icon (See below** for link as you cannot post images here) are also set with specific properties, but disregards the pressure you use with your pen and tablet. The line thickness varies. You can access thickness stencils from the list of presets on the Tool Properties view or create your own.

With my installation of Harmony 14 Premium I can access an export option for Thickness Stencils right from the Pencil Properties window just like I can for any custom or factory preset as shown here in the User Guide:

NOTE: I deleted one of my previous post’s content. I said exporting in Essentials is slightly different however the same export window opens in all three levels.

**Stencil Icon: http://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-12/premium-network/Content/Resources/Images/HAR/Stage/Drawing/thickness_stencil_icon.png