exporting at 300 dpi jpg?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it’s possible to export toon boom drawings as hi-res (300dpi) jpg’s?

Or hi-res anything besides swf files?

I’d like to use my new version of tb-express for digital inking ( I love that you can rotate the table as you draw) but I need to be able to export at hi-res.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

hi and welcome :slight_smile:
yes, it’s possible. i once exported the jpegs 300dpi image sequence for a hard copy work.
i haven’t scrutinized the default export (which is a screen resolution at 72dpi), but all my new images open in gimp with 300dpi and that was the trick to apply for the hi-res export.

here must still be my thread about it…
cheers,
rob

update:
ok, i’ve found it:
http://www.toonboom.com/support/forums/toonBoomStudio/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=1772;start=msg6108#msg6108

Hey, thanks for the welcome, this seems like great software…

I’m not sure I understand what you meant in your reply, or in the post you provided. Are you saying that your gimp software somehow converts images to 300dpi when it opens them? If so, does that cause any loss of quality during conversion?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I’ve just never heard of doing anything this way before…

Thanks again,
qrstuvr

i don’t know about the conversion. the meaning was as follows:

1. as i exported the image sequence, they opened as 72dpi images in my gimp.

2. after changing the default resolution to 300dpi for all NEW images in gimp, the tbs-exported images OPENED as 300dpi pics (and also displayed this resolution in the file properties).

i can’t explain this phenomenon but i assume the exports are 300dpi now.
cheers,
rob

Hey Rob,

Thanks, I’ll give this a try. I appreciate your coming back to explain.

Be well,
qrstuvr