Exporting as SWF / quick render problems

At first, I was able to test my scene as an SWF w/o problems. Then when the bar filled up to 100%, it would freeze. If I tried to hit cancel, it would crash the program.

However, if I hit cancel before the 100% fills up, then it will produce the SWF, but it will only show a limited number of frames. I really hope there’s a fix for this, b/c I plan to export this as an SWF for the final project.

I am using Animate 2 PLE.

Is it possible that your computer is running out of memory? Does this behaviour happen on a fresh scene? Does it happen only on a heavy scene? Do you have effects in your scene, many layers? How long is it? Does it happen only when you do a test SWF or does it also happen when you do a full export?

What are the specs of your computer? Memory, CPU, graphics card, and OS?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Lilly, it’s a fairly new computer, handles all sorts of high end gaming, etc. My scene is 70 seconds long, with about 9 dialogue/sound layers, 5 rigged characters, and a few props. No effect. The Movie output works fine, but not the SWF. I tried to save it as a different name, but it hung up on that too. I did all this on a fresh reboot.

I figured this one out. Check it. I experimented by exporting only the first 200 frames. Worked great. Then 300, 500, etc., but it hung up on 900. Then i backed it up to 850. Worked. But not 860. Then I exported frames 900 to finish. Fine. Then 850 to finish, no good. So I looked closely at frames 850 to 860. I opened up a dialogue line on there. And it looked weird (like the beginning/end bars looked glitched), so I deleted it. Then it exported fine!

I’m glad to hear it. Just to satisfy my curiousity, if you import the same audio file into a new scene, does the problem happen again? If it does, would you please email me the audio file lvogelesang@toonboom.com so that I can test it and see what the problem is?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support