exporting as a .mov file problems

Since I have upgraded to animate pro 2 I have had frame rate problems with exporting as a .mov file. I want to export as 12fps and I have tested exporting at all sorts of frame rates and it seems to export at 24fps and nothing else? I have set the scene itself to 12 and the export to 12 and no joy. I have tested all the other export formats and they work fine but I was exporting all my scenes as .mov files for premiere, is there something I have missed? It was working fine in Animate pro 1, thanks ???

Hi,

Are you exporting from the export movie or the Render Network? Also, make sure you set your project to the right frame rate before the export.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi I am exporting from the export movie and the project frame rate is changed to 12fps

Hi,

In the video options of the Quicktime export make sure that the frame rate is also set to 12 fps.

Also, have you tried using a write module set to the mov format? Let us know if you get better results this way.

Best regards,

Ugo

I have just checked all my .mov files in the quicktime movie inspector and they are all at 25fps, so it doesnt seem to matter what I put in the export box or the project frame rate???

I have just done a test on Animate Pro 2 and I verified that changing the FPS in the scene settings dialog does also change the FPS in the Quicktime export.

When you changed the FPS for your project, did you do it by entering it next to the play buttons? Because when you change the FPS in this way, it only affects the playback while you’re in the scene, it doesn’t affect the export.

Make sure you change the FPS in the actual Scene Settings dialog. You can get to this by going to Scene > Scene Settings… then entering 12 next to “Frame per Seconds”

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Lilly you are a star! I had looked all over the place and just couldnt figure it out, I think I had changed it everywhere apart from the obvious, I had even been through all the prefrences, all works fine now, thank you ;D