Export to Vector image sequence

Hi there!
Is it possible to get Toon Boom Studio to export to either a layered illustrator file, or a sequence of .pdf’s? I can export a singular frame to a .pdf, but for our workflow, we REALLY need to export all the frames of an animation. Ideally, it would be a layered Illustrator file with vectors intact, but if that’s not a possibility, then a vector image sequence (.pdf image sequence) would be great. I can’t see any scripting options, and exporting one frame at a time is really not a good solution. If this is possible with a plug-in of some sort, or an alternate flavor of ToonBoom, please let me know!

Thanks in advance,
-steve

Hi,

The only other vector format export we have in Toon Boom Studio else then pdf is swf. This being said if you want to edit the animation frame by frame you will need to use an external software to turn that swf to vector format frames.

Best regards,

Ugo

Thanks Ugo.
Do you know of any utility that can convert a SWF file to illustrator layers or a PDF?

Hi,

Unfortunately I don’t but you might want to look up on the web for an swf to pdf converter.

Hope this help.

Best regards,

Ugo

One might think that using the Toon Boom Studio Importer plugin, for Adobe Flash application, might be the answer, since Flash supports vector drawing creation and modification.

However, it appears that the import process converts TBS vector objects into Flash graphic objects (not shape objects). So, unless I’m missing something, this does not solve your workflow need.

It’s a bit old topic, but - sadly - still not addressed by Toon Boom so-so-software :wink: It’s a shame that you guys don’t care about that FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS. It’s beyond understanding for me (to be honest - as whole TB bussiness model, and UI design, and philosophy, and logo). But being happy I don’t need to use this crappy soft (I’m not an animator) I give you guys out there, who need to use TB a solution for a longlasting problem.

Worked for me: https://youtu.be/zdeVP2cqBW0