Export settings help

Hey,

I’m new to Animate and am working on my first animation. It’s a music video for a friend, and I’ve tried to keep it simple to avoid trouble.

My question is about how to properly export it to get the best image quality. I mocked up a sketch test, which is essentially one long camera PAN with multiple images set apart from each other. It’s a 4 minute song, so it ends up being over 6000 frames long.

I’d like the final to be in HD if possible, but when I did a test export of only the first 250 frames, it was over 1Gig in size as an “animation”, which would be WAY to much if I were to export all of the frames. I tried messing with the size settings, but it was still a huge file size. When I exported it out as an Mpeg-4, the file size was shrunk way down, but the image quality was really bad, even at it’s best settings. I’m not familiar with the other file types in the export menu.

Is there a file type that I can export a 6000 frame animation in HD, and keep the file under 1 Gig, and also get a high-quality image transfer?

Any info that anyone has would be awesome.

Thanks!
Keith

export frame by frame, put in favourite video editor, export from there.

"export frame by frame, put in favourite video editor, export from there."

Do you have any suggestions for the best way to do that? I tried exporting a few frames in the “Export → Images” section, but the TGA files it created were 5MB a piece, so the whole thing would be too large. Is there a better file setting?

Thanks,
Keith

Presuming you have created your project in Animate in HD 1920 x 1080…?

What is your delivery format…? Web…?, Mail…?, YouTube…? etc.

If you don’t use a Video Editor yet… try this…
In Animate open your project, go to Scene / Scene Settings and create a new Resolution…
Presuming you like to export for the Web… ?, choose e.g. 480 x 270…, click OK…

Go to File / Export / Movie… / Movie Options / Settings / Compression H.264 /
Make sure to tick the Radio Button “All” / Quality High /
Sound / Settings / IMA 4:1 / Stereo / check Prepare for Internet Streaming / click OK…

If you do use a Video Editor… try this…
Either, export from Animate as QuickTime Movie, e.g. Animation / AIC (Mac) etc.
Or, as “TheRaider” already suggested, as Image Sequence (PSD, PND, TGA, TIFF) etc…
Either, assemble with QuickTime (or else)…
Or import those files directly into your chosen Video Editor…

One of the Video Editors functions is to compress (export) the video to your chosen delivery-format… e.g. Your own Website, YouTube etc…
This should be the last and only stage to apply the necessary compression…

Regards
Nolan

Thanks Nolan! I tried out your first recommendation and it worked great. I really appreciate it, thanks!

Thanks Nolan and James for your help with this! And thanks Keith for asking. I almost started a new thread on the same/similar topic. I had been working with a scene setting of 1028x720 and the renders were all fuzzy and out of focus. Tried everything and then found this thread. I switched to 1920x1080 scene settings and got a much sharper result. Yahoo!