Export Problem

Hi! I have an export issue and I’m wondering if there is something I am doing wrong or if this is a bug. Sometimes when I export to quicktime, I don’t get a movie… it plays the number of seconds but it stuck on the first frame. If I go back and export again… sometimes the video is there, sometimes I will then still get that frozen first frame or just a black screen. A few times, I have had to export the frames and complile with video in QuickTime because I just couldn’t get it to work. This wasn’t a problem in the past, but now I’m going to be doing some animation to sound… and it would be most convenient to export directly to quicktime with the sound file included… I am using version 3.5, exporting at both 1280x720 and 640x480, photo jpeg compression, 30fps, windows xp, 2gig ram, 128mb nvidia Gforce 5200 graphics card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. So far, having my export work right has been a crap shoot. But, I am a new user of TBS… so there’s a great probabilty it is user error. Thanks so much for any help.

Hi,

Is the problem you are mentioning recurent or happens only from time to time. If it is recurent it might be caused by the fact that you have not set the Export Type to Full Movie and the Export Range to All in the Export movie window.

Also, have you tried different compressors at exportation for a single movie that is not working with the settings you currently have.

Let us know the results.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi! Thank you for the response. I have been using the photo j-peg compression and selecting Full Movie. I haven’t done anything longer than like 25 seconds at this point. I’m now using the animation compression at 24 fps and haven’t had this issue with these settings yet. One work around I have found is to save everything except the camera to the global library, open a new project, and then bring the scene into it. That works just fine every time if I’m having problems with the innitial export… I will let you know if it comes up again, but so far so good. Thank you! :slight_smile: