Export into SWF file and open it in Flash

I’m useing the ToonBoom Animate Demo and I’m ready to buy it. It is just great! One problem poped up: When I export a project to SWF file and try to test it in Flash it dose not the same animation I dit in TBA. I was creating a multiplane in TBA. The camera move in Flash at the begining is okay, but in the middle of the project somehow the whole thing flips around. Is it possible to import files done in ToonBoom Animate into Flash?
Thanks.

I also would like to know if you can export to Flash. This would be very important to me too before purchasing.

you can export to swf format but not much app wise will save out to fla other than adobe flash itself it’s THEIR format for flash files afterall…it’s abit like expecting adobe flash to be able to save it’s files as tbs…not gonna happen!

the exported swf’s from either toonboom studio, animate or indeed flash tiself once RE-imported into an app should retain the layers and names of those layers but the keys will be baked>ie a keyframe for everyframe.

There are two methods to export to Flash available in Animate
Export to swf (just vectors without effects)
Export to Flash Movie (FLV) bitmap export with effects; embedded movie

Both types can be imported into Flash.

poletti@bluewin.ch : Perhaps there is a transform that negatively scales
your animation in the midddle. In any case, you
should send your project and the swf to ToonBoom
support for analysis.

The issue you have with the multiplane scene is that when the layer/objets are behind the camera (invisible then) they are not clipped so Flash still sees them and sees them mirrored.

It’s a bug and is being fixed now. For the moment as workaround you could simply delete the exposure of the layers when you see that they are behind the camera. You can either do this in Animate originally or after I guess in Flash.

Right but SWF is actually a licensed format - which is why many other programs are allowed to export to it. “FLA” is Adobe Flash proprietary format - so what can’t be done is for TB products (or any non-Adobe products) to be able to export or save as the “FLA” format. Even SWFs exported from Flash will lose some content if imported back into Flash. It’s just more accurate to say that some TB features will not be supported when imported into Flash using the SWF format.

Right but SWF is actually a licensed format - which is why many other programs are allowed to export to it. “FLA” is Adobe Flash proprietary format - so what can’t be done is for TB products (or any non-Adobe products) to be able to export or save as the “FLA” format. Even SWFs exported from Flash will lose some content if imported back into Flash. It’s just more accurate to say that some TB features will not be supported when imported into Flash using the SWF format.

Very lawyer like of you Mudbub.

Currently, I’m hard pressed to purchase the program because of the importing and exporting difficulties between Animate and Flash. My general wish is to be able to work in both programs harmoniously because there are features in each program that I prefer. But recreating an entire Flash library in TBA isn’t my idea of fun… and vice versa. Anyone capable of smoothly bringing in a Flash animation library into Animate, do a little animation with it, and then posting up the process as video tutorial, I’ll gladly worship and legally change the name of my first born son to your forum nickname… my 12 year old might not like that… especially if it’s Mudbubble that does it…

LMAO!
I haven;t delved this deep into Animate yet - so not sure how the 2 programs share similarities when it comes to “symbols”. I wouldn’t expect them to play well together at all. When I import SWFs from other programs (like Anime Studio) I get a flattened frame by frame sequence - which is expected. Anything more than that will be welcome of course. I don’t think you have to fear calling “Mudbubble” to dinner anytime soon.