export/camera/timeline

hi, i hope i can explain this so u can understand…

i created a scene (a waterfall scene), in the middle water fall, i made the water appear to flow using basic watery looking lines, and controlling them with pegs. i got one peg right and then duplicated the peg many times, offsetting them giving the impression of a continuous water flow. to try and save time i used some of the duplicated pegs before any of the drawings showed at all, so when the scene started, some of the watery lines were already some way down the waterfall. i know i could make new pegs and have them start at the same time as the drawings, but i’m lazy :wink:

my question is this… when i hit [enter] on the timeline, it exports the timeline as i expected, with the scene starting only when any drawings show, but if i export the whole movie, i get a big blank section in the section where no drawings are present… why is that?

When you export an entire movie the render starts at frame 1 so if your content starts later you still will get screen time starting at frame 1. You can select the timeline current scene radio button and then tell the reneder which frame to start at in a frame range, if you want to change this but the entire movie selection always starts at frame 1 of the first active scene in your scene list. Also the preview {return} and export movie aren’t the same things. -JK

ok cheers for that, i just thought i’d see if there was a way around it…