Exiting "Edit Symbol" mode

I posted this in the tech support forum because I thought it was a bug, but I’ve been told it’s not, so here goes my official feature request:

Every time I exit Edit Symbol mode/view (by clicking the Top button or the keyboard shortcut), the timeline view goes back to the very top layers and the beginning of the scene.

It would make a lot more sense for this to be changed so that when you exit the Edit Symbol mode the timeline view is exactly where you left off at.

Here’s my example/experience to better clarify my complaint:

I have about 20 to 30 layers in my scene, and it’s about 300 frames long. So when I’m editing a symbol that’s like the 25th layer down, and say on frame 200 or so, as soon as I’m done editing or playing with it, it takes me back to the top of my layers and the start of my scene. It seems like a huge waste of time to constantly have to go back and scroll both horizontally (back to frame 200) and vertically (for the 25th layer) for exactly where I was. I really wish it’d go straight back to the view in the timeline that I left off at.

Granted I am working on a small screen (Wacom Cintiq 12WX) so it probably irritates me more than someone who has a lot more screen space. But it still seems like it makes sense to change this regardless.

Thanks!

I’ve got the same problem. This is very basic, but I can’t seem to find a solution. Has this been resolved?

Just wanted to say I would be very excited to see this! :smiley:

This feature request has been logged for future versions of the software.

~Lilly