Error when trying to register

I’m trying to register Animate, and when I enter my produce code I get the following error:

Licensing error(FLEXlm license error bdt)
System clock has been set back.
FLEXnet Licensing error:-88,309
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at “www.macrovision.com”.

I googled around for awhile, but couldn’t find a way to fix this.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Michael

This error occurs when your computer time is wrong.
You can try setting it to the right time and if you still have the error, send an email to support@toonboom.com for assistance.

remember to include your activation key and mention your operating system

I have had problems with Macrovision before. I used a product called Orcad. It is used to make printed circuit boards. The majority of my job involved make multi layer printed circuit boards. I usually was working on more than one board at a time. The CEO of ORCAD was in Babcock at three in the morning one night and saw his product in the window of a shop for $75. At the time it was selling for $600 here and he though he was getting ripped off and looked for a solution. The solution was Macrovision. I spent some times up to two to three weeks at a time debugging licensing problems. It was calculated that we lost several thousand dollars a year fixing problems. Orcad would not help. Macrovision kepr reffering to a manual that did not match any product that they had. I had over a decade of work trapped on disk and could not be gotten at. I had problems at my reviews because of serious delays in my projects because of Macrovisions protection problems. I lost between $75,000 to $1000,000 in salary and the company lost more to protect a product that was cracked on the internet.
I have just spent the last two days debugging problems with Studio 6. I gave up yesterday and went back to my project on Studio 5. The license manager crashed its license. I had to rebuild 5 to get back to my project. Today I was told that the Key I was emailed was the wrong number. I tried it and soon learned that it was the key from a different product that I own. I am working on day three and I still cannot get it working. This looks like it is going to be a repeat of others experiences on this protection scheme.

The system clock error happens if you change the system time on your computer. If you had your system time set to some time in the future, then you set it back, then it thinks you’re trying to evade the license and spits up an error.

Manually setting your computer forward again will sometimes do the trick. However if your computer was originally set to the wrong date and you set it back to fix it, then you need to email support@toonboom.com and they will help you to resolve this issue.

We do our best to help each and every one of our clients with their licensing issues. We apologise for any inconvenience but we assure you that if you continue to work with the team we WILL get your issue resolved.

~Lilly