ERROR 7202

Hello, I have a problem with the installation.
I have two licenses, and I want to install them over the Network,
the activation wizard is giving me this message:
ERROR 7202: Product code does not allow a license count greater than one…
any help?

Hi,

If you want to move the license make sure you first return it from the first machine before you try to activate it on the other one. This being said, if you are running a network license (it needs to have been purchased and sent directly from us, the website only generate single seat license) I strongly recommend you to get in contact with our support team to get the setup done.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hello Ugo TBS,
before I contact the support team, can you give me informations If maybe I did a mistake and have bought a wrong license? I mean, in the Online-Store I didnt saw a special network product, so with the informations I had from this website(Licensing Instructions), I was thinking if I buy two products, I am able to run them in my network!

Hi,

If you bought 2 licenses from our website you should have been provided 2 single seat licenses. Those licenses will be bound to the machines they have been installed on. If you want to move them to another machine you need to return them from the first machine to activate it on the other one afterward.

If you wanted to have some kind of site license where the license is set on a single server machine which is broadcasting accross the network you should get in contact with our sales departement to discuss the situation. Simply explain to them your specific need and they should be able to provide you the right kind of license and replace your current 2 licenses you have bought.

Best regards,

Ugo

thank you for the help