Enable Drawing Pivot script not working - Harmony premium v20

Hi

I am using a demo version of Harmony v20, I cant transfer a drawings pivot to the parent peg.

workflow -

create drawing
set pivot on drawing
create peg
parent drawing to peg
select all
hit script button “Enable drawing in TB”

effect -
drawings pivot is reset to default like that of the peg.

The effect seems to be the pivot I have set in the drawing is actually reset to that of the parent…instead of the other away round??

I am following the same procedure as demo’d in the toon boom you tube videos. Miner literally does the opposite…is this a bug or am I missing something?

Hi I realize you can do it one layer at a time, but I am applying it to about 20 layers, which is what the script is for.

It doesn’t work though even without the script if I test one layer doing what you have described above. ie make a drawing, change pivot, go to layer properties change to “apply embedded pivot to parent peg” , create parent peg - the resulting parent peg pivot is just at the default centre…no inheritance from drawing.

This is the exact workflow I am using, as demonstrated by the toon boom team.:
https://youtu.be/pUbb8C4PO5E?t=172

Hi,

A drawing node actually has two kinds of pivots, the “permanent”- and “drawing”-pivot.
The “apply embedded pivot to parent peg” option is for “drawing”-pivots.

See what’s the difference here:
https://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-20/premium/rigging/about-pivot.html

Let me know.

Hi,

You don’t need any script to do this.
Just open the drawing’s “Layer Properties” panel:

• Shift+E
    or
  • right click->“Layer Properties…”

In the “Drawing Pivot” section, select the option “Apply Embedded Pivot on Parent Peg”.

Hy there!
I have the same issue, quite.

When i use the script, the pivot points of parent pegs are not respecting the drawing pivot i have set, so i have to position it manually and even than, the different views on my layer get pivots that dosent follow the drawing pivots.

What am i missing?

Hy there!
I have the same issue, quite.

When i use the script, the pivot points of parent pegs are not respecting the drawing pivot i have set, so i have to position it manually and even than, the different views on my layer get pivots that dosent follow the drawing pivots.

What am i missing?