Emulating Adobe's 'Color Overlay' effect on semi-transparent bitmap textures?

Hello all. I’m trying to do the following:

• Add bitmap pattern textures that appear ’clipped’ within vector shapes in my scene.
  • All my texture bitmaps are are made up of white pixel data of varying degrees of opacity (they have transparent backgrounds).
  • I’m working with a limited colour palette, and I’d like to easily colour the imported textures using colours I’ve created in my Harmony project palette (retaining their transparency). This is the part I’m struggling with.
Here’s a mockup of the kind of thing I’m after: http://i.imgur.com/EIguxFA.png

To achieve this kind of thing in Photoshop or After Effects I’d add a ‘Color Overlay’ layer style to the texture layer, then use the colour picker to pick one of the existing colours in my scene as the colour i want the overlay effect to use.

But I haven’t been able to figure out a workflow to achieve this result in Harmony so far.

I’ve experimented with color overlay but it looks as though it only modifies colours of Harmony drawings, not imported bitmaps.

A more time-intensive approach would be to pre-prepare different versions of the textures in all the colours used in the scenes. But I’d like to avoid this if possible because it multiplies the work i’d need to do, and chance of mistakes, if the palette changes.

If anyone has any suggestions I’d love to hear them.