Editing imported images

Hey, I was wondering if there is a way to edit an imported image on TBAP. All I need is to erase certain parts of the imported image.

Thanks

Vectorize your importing image…

Yea vectorize it with the style Color. This will give you a square vector box with the bitmap image as a texture. Then you can go in the Drawing view and use the cutter, eraser or select tool on the image. You won’t be able to change the pixels themselves but you cut away parts.

"Yea vectorize it with the style Color."
Would I have to re-import all my bitmap images that I have already animated in animate pro as vector graphics? Because this is what I am trying to avoid. I overlooked this mistake of mine of importing the images as vector graphics from the start. It would be nice if there was an option like PS where if you would like to edit imported images it would convert them right on the spot.

Thanks

There is no way to convert a bitmap image to vector without importing them again. You could import them in the same layer where the bitmap where. It will come as a symbol then because a bitmap layer cannot understand a vector image and vice versa. The import forces you to put it in a symbol when the type don’t match. You would then have to make sure the symbol takes the place of the bitmap cell. This way you wouldn’t have to redo the movements that you already did on the bitmap image since the symbol would be in the same layer.

Okey, thank you for taking your time in helping me I will try the method you suggested.

Hi

You could use the cutter module. Just attach the bitmap to the right in on
top of the cutter in the network view. Then add a drawing on left in as a matte. Then you can even get soft edges using the texture brush. To use it as mask just cheque of invert in the effects properties.

Best regards
-Ivar

that 's very true. once I tend to edit images before being imported. but as make siad , It would be nice if there was an option like PS where if you would like to edit imported images it would convert them right on the spot. as an amature in programming ,Im wonder if this feature can be achieved by integrating image processing dll?

Unfortunately it’s not as straightforward as that. When we working with images in Toon Boom, we have a proprietary vector format. In order to use our vector tools (like the eraser), you have to be in that format. Generally, if you import as bitmap, it keeps the raw images without importing them into our tvg format. The advantage there is that you can always pop open those bitmap images in a bitmap software like Photoshop and make changes.

To edit them in Toon Boom, they need to be in our vector format. So we would need to create entire new images, it’s not just a post-process.

That being said, I’m happy to take your feedback to see if there isn’t a way to process a whole layer of images and convert them to tvgs.

that 's very true. once I tend to edit images before being imported. but as make siad , It would be nice if there was an option like PS where if you would like to edit imported images it would convert them right on the spot. as an amature in programming ,Im wonder if this feature can be achieved by integrating image processing dll?[/quote]
thanks for sharing, that’s awesome but somewhat overpriced for me who will just use it only once, do you have some cheaper or even free versions, any suggestion will be appreciated!

chanyuan0811

michael kors outlet

toms shoes

uggs outlet

longchamp outlet

michael kors handbags outlet

fitflops clearance

ghd uk

mulberry handbags

hollister clothing store

rolex watches

michael kors outlet