Edit line Thickness Overtime Script

Hi everyone !

Someone knows how works the script “Edit Line Thickness Overtime” ?
I didn’t find info in the hel documentation… :frowning:

I would like to use it for resizing all the line of the scene after the animation is done to uniformate between characters…

Thanks !

Julien

Check out this video:
https://vimeo.com/124452909

Hi Juliusse,

did you have the chance to play around with the script a bit more?

It actually applies the same operations as explained in the video tutorial that Vrexus linked to. It links the Line Thickness properties to a function column that you can choose in a roll out menu (lineThick, lineThick1, lineThick2,…) and which will allow you to control (animate) the line width of all the connected layers at the same time.

The advantage of the script is that:

• it will link the Line Thickness properties of all the selected layers to the controller column at once whereas the guy in the video had to setup this mannually for every single layer.
  • it will tick/activate the Adjust Pencil Lines Thickness parameter which otherwhise you would have to activate manually as well.
  • it allows you to link the Line Thickness properties of all the selected layers to another controller column (lineThickPro, lineThick1Pro, lineThick2Pro,…).

stefman

Ah so that’s what it evolved to. Yea thats way better than manual linking.

Hi Stefman !

Thx for explications :slight_smile: That’s what I really need…

But I don’t know how select layer I want to change the thickness… :frowning:
I would like to change the line thickness on all the drawing on one character for example…

How I make a function column (or controller column) ? How i link all the drawing to it ? How i do that quickly (not enter into all layer properties…)
I know it’s lots of questions ^^

And what it’s the difference between the “multiplicator” and the “additive”

Juliusse

(Sorry for my english, i’m a french guy :wink: )

this is a cool video
But i’m searching something not manual because it’s too long changing in all drawing… :frowning:
Thx !

Hi Juliusse,
you’re welcome.

I don’t know how select layer I want to change the thickness…

Just select the layers you want like you would do if you wanted to move them up or down in the timeline.

How I make a function column (or controller column) ?

The script will create the controller column automatically if you run it with the “Adjust Line Art Thickness Over Time” option ticked.
By the way, if you run the script with “Adjust Line Art Thickness” it won’t create the function columns and the properties won’t be connected to anything. You might even prefere this option if you simply want to batch change the line thickness of your selected layers for the whole scene without the option to animate it.

How i link all the drawing to it ?

It will link the ‘Proportionial’ and the ‘Constant’ properties of all your selected drawings to these automatically created function columns (there are actually 2 columns, one for each parameter).

How i do that quickly (not enter into all layer properties…)

It will be done for all the layers you had selected before.

And what it’s the difference between the “multiplicator” and the “additive”.

Yes, the interface of the script is a bit “enigmatic”. :slight_smile:
It would be easier to understand if the options had names that correspond to the layer properties. Here is what they actually mean: ‘Multiplicator’ = ‘Proportional’, ‘Additive’ = ‘Constant’.

stefman

Stefman ! Thanks you so muuuucch !
It’s totaly usefull and clear ^^

Is there a way to access the two properties it makes outside xsheet? When I have a lot of rigs its hard to find it at times in xsheet and I can’t set its color layer highlight either since it doesn’t seem to show up in timeline.

Hi Vrexus,

yes, you can acces the bezier editor of the controller collumn via the function button on the right side of the ‘Proportional’ and ‘Constant’ properties in the ‘Layer Properties View’ of every connected layer.

So, theoretically you could animate the controller functions without never having to go to the x-sheet.

Is this what you wanted to know?

stefman

Yup that’s it, worked perfectly! Duh to me, of course once it’s connected to that same bezel as script it should work in the editor in layer haha. But thanks for confirming :D!

I read this thread a number of times and was confused…I couldn’t start because I couldn’t fine “Edit Line Thickness Overtime” . I did, however, stumble across it eventually… for the newbies:

• right click in the toolbar area and select “function” and you will get a couple “f” icons on the toolbar.
  • click “f” with the down arrow and a menu will pop up with a bunch of functions…the one you want is in there!!
  • add/apply it to your toolbar