Easier image export

Exporting still images should be made breezier.

- Animate should remember the destination folder and not always revert to the default one.

- It should remember the last chosen format.

-It should offer an easy way to export a single image without forcing you to always type in the ‘from’ and ‘to’ frames. It simply needs a ‘current frame’ option.

- And - this would be really great - it ought to offer image exports in different resolutions. This because often enough you need to make high-res images, and because Animate is such a great sketch tool it’s a pity that artwork cannot be saved in adequate quality.

thanks,
Josh

Hi Lilly, thank you for the answer.

True, the solution you suggest is a very good workaround.
That said, it would be nice to have a complete set of export options.
The fewer passages or tricks one has to go through, the better the overall work experience is.

Oh, another thing that would be great would be the ability to export in vector formats such as Illustrator and PDF.

thanks,
Josh

I wholeheartedly agree with every one of these points, including the one about vector formats. I really like Animate not just as an animation tool, but it’s great as a drawing tool, too. Recently I’ve been working on a logo graphic for a website in Animate, and it’s been a pain to select PNG, RGB with transparency. Then open the resulting image from the default folder, save to where I actually want it, then scale it down, save another version. The steps between tweaking the image and seeing it on the web page take quite long and it makes iterating on the work quite tedious.

By the way, there’s also another thread about PDF exporting: http://www.toonboom.com/support/forums/animate/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=2285

Cheers,
Pekka

Here here on vector export. We’ve had several jobs where the client has asked for frames in a vector format so that they could be used for a print campaign. We’ve ended up exporting our frame as a bitmap and re-cleaning it up in Illustrator - kind of a bummer.

For your last one, I don’t know if this helps but you could always create a separate resolution for your project that will be your High-res resolution. Then you can just change to this resolution in your scene settings when you want to render out a large single image, and you can always change back to your default resolution whenever you want.

~Lilly