Ease and squash and stretch.

I have done a bit of animation of a squashing ball and I want to tweak the velocity between the keys. Is there any way of having an ease in/out velocity set for the scale x and y values at the same time? If I link them the ball scales uniformly.

Also, is there a way of automatically maintaining the volume of the ball when I squash and stretch?

Hi,

I would suggest to select your keyframes in the Timeline, right-click and select Set Ease For Multiple parameters.

This allows you set the same ease of several parameter of 1 keyframe or a several keyframes.

Good luck,

Marie-Eve

Thanks. That’s what I was looking for. Though I only seem to be able to set the ease for 1 keyframe at a time. Probably because I’m using Animate standard?
Not a big deal as I can step through the keys in the pop up panel.

Shame there is no way to maintain volume. Anime Studio does this with a key stroke modifier and it is a real time saver.

You can select the functions that you’re interested in and use the “Apply Ease to Multiple Parameters” function in the timeline. Are you using Animate 2 or Animate Pro 2? If you turn on the Timeline toolbar, then it’s in this toolbar.

Simply select the functions by hitting the + sign on the timeline layer to show its functions.

There is no way to automatically maintain volume when you squash and stretch.

Hope this helps.

~Lilly

When you use Set Ease on Multiple Parameters, it sets the ease on one keyframe at a time for multiple functions. So, if you have both Scale X and Scale Y selected and use this operation, you can drag the handles and the ease you set will apply to both functions. Then you can hit apply/next to go to the next keyframe.

~Lilly