DVD Burning

What’s the best way to get projects to DVD to play on TV?

hi and welcome,
there are already threads on this here, for further information use the search tool in the top bar.

the general rule is to choose the resolution for the right video format (ntsc or pal, interlaced or progressive, 4:3 or 16:9). some hints are here:
http://www.deranderenart.ch/1/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=26 (alas, in german)
the ‘auflösung grafik’ is the computer resolution for square pixels on the computer display. the video itself has rectangular pixels with some different resolution (referred here simply to as ‘auflösung’).

the best quality film export from toonboom studio is a digital video (.dv), a 5:1 compression of the digital video stream. the .dv streams at 3.6mb/s, so the file size is the biggest one from all export options.
.dv has an advantage to work smoothly with the idvd tool on a mac platform.

if your films are too big for the .dv, you can consider to export them in a quicktime container (.mov format) using some good compression, like sorenson3 or h.264.

hope it helps a bit :slight_smile:
cheers,
rob

Thanks for the tips. I actually figured that out about 2am last night … it kept me up trying to figure it out. I export to my video edit program Pinnacle Studio 10.7 uncompressed as a DV NTSC format and it worked just fine. I do a lot of video editing but animation is new to me but it looks interesting. Thanks again