DV Streams Look Ugly

Ugo,

I actually am planning on my next project to be on computers and TV.

I didn’t change anything for my last project. I just exported 720x480 DV streams out of TBS V 2.5. Everything looked fine to me on both TV screens an computers.

This time I am doing .MOV files at 720x480 and they same to be the same.

You wrote last time:

"If you are indeed planning to export to TV monitor then simply take one of the preset and it should go through on your Editing and burning software."

Do you mean I should export things different? They seem to look fine in versions 2.5 and 4?

Best,

Evan Jacobs
www.anhedeniafilms.com

Hi Evan,

I meant using the presets in the welcome screen but if you current setting suits you well its all fine. We actually output square pixel when you export to Quicktime (and I think rectangle if you export to DV in NTSC which would explain why everything was fine). I am not that familiar with TV format and it also depends quite a lot with the software you used to do your final export to DVD or tape.

Anyway if you have a valid workflow you should not bother much about it, simply stick to your current recipe and everything should be fine. If you are in need of help or have any further question feel free to ask I try my best to find you some answer.

Best regards,

Ugo