drop shadow

I want to know more about drop shadow in TBS .I can’t change it in a timeline or at the end of motion for example I have a flying bird, it has a drop shadow in a few
first frames but I want to remove its shadow in the rest of the timeline when I want to remove it from timeline I change its opacity to zero but it takes effect even in the first frame . If I could make some keyframe in drop shadow layer in timeline I think my problem will be solved, but I couldn’t . please help me…
Thanks a lot.

Hi,

The drop shadow does not have any animation parameter so if you want the shadow to fade out you can either use the shadow on a duplicate of the element and check the shadow checkbox to Hide Element. Then when you want the shadow to disappear you can either remove the exposition of the bird of the shadow which will make the whole bird shadow disappear from that point on. You can also use all the other effect on the drop shadow element so you could use a Mask to make it partly disappear as it crosses the border of a wall or a Color Transform effect to have it fade over time.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi
It wasn’t better if drop shadow has a similar behavior like color transform , I mean that it easily accepts keyfram ?!

Hi,

You can set keyframes on your Color Transform effect by pressing the + button in the properties window. After setting 2 keyframes the colors will interpolate between each other.

Best regards,

Ugo