Drawing won't show up in camera view...

Hi folks. I’m having an issue (one of many to come I’m sure) that I hope you can help me with:

I created a new drawing layer on a scene that has about 5 other layers. Everything was working fine, but suddenly, the stuff I draw on this layer in the Drawing view window doesnn’t show up when I switch to Camera View. I’m baffled. To make it even stranger, if I drag and drop that layer ontop of another layer (making it a child layer instead of a stand alone) suddenly it DOES show up!

I’ve been trying to figure this out for an hour now, really hope someone has some clue as to what is going on.

Thanks in advance!

-Cole

check in network view if the layer is connected to composite. it should help

Thanks but I don’t think I have network view. I"m on Animate, not animate pro.

You don’t have network view.

It is hard to say without having the scene, the first thing I would be looking at is the Z value of your drawing (and by making it a child you are adding that Z value to that of the parent rather than the base scene).

I assume that by now you already restarted computer and software and resaved your scene to make sure it’s not a temporary software glitch. That’s always worth a shot too.
Are there any transformations to the layer done by the transformation tool (check by double clicking on the layer and look at the position values)? Keep in mind that such transformations as well as keyframe animation and pegs are not yet applied in the drawing view, so it’s possible that your drawings just float around somewhere far aways from the camera.
If you make layers a child it takes some transformations from the parent which might shift it back.

Thank you very much for your replies.

XarX: I think you may be onto something with the transformation thing. All of the other layers were downsized at one point as I had drawn them WAY big and had to shrink them with the transform tool to fit in the viewing area. Then these new, disapearing layers, were all done at 100%. So it makes sense.

However, I’m still not sure how I would rectify this issue.

Ok, so here’s where I am with it: I can see the layer in the camera view now, but it’s much larger than the other layers (it’s as big as the other layers before I resized them). If I turn it into a child of one of the other layers, it pops into the right place and size (exactly where it is in the drawing layer window even when it’s a stand alone layer).

I kinda think I understand the issue. I resized the other layers in the Camera view, but didn’t realize that doesn’t take effect in the drawing view, therefore when I draw other things in the drawing view, thinking they should now be the same smaller size a the other layers, when I switch to the Camera view, they’re huge.

Still don’t quite know how to rectify the situation. Damn.

Well what you could do is you could do an Animation > Reset All, and this should reset the transformations on that layer. If there’s any keyframes, you can remove them with F7.

Does that help at all?

~Lilly