Drawing substitution

Can’t seem to figure out how to delete a drawing substitution from the library. I made too many duplicates and I would like to get rid of a few of these.

Thanks.

In the Timeline or X-sheet select the drawings you would like to delete…
Either, right-click the selected drawings / Drawings / Delete Selected Drawings…
Or, from the Top-Menu select Drawing / Delete Selected Drawings…

Be aware this will delete the selected drawings permanently and can’t be undone…

Regards
Nolan

Thanks, Nolan.
I may be missing the point or not asking a clear question, but all of the drawings are duplicated into the library, so that there is only one cell in the timeline. I do not know how to select out one or two drawing substitutes from the Drawing Substitution window. I attempt to delete but invariably delete all parts of the drawing (can be undone in this case.)

Hmmm… try this… quit Animate…
Open your project-files “elements” folder…
All your single drawings (represented as .tvg files) should be contained in the associated Drawing Elements folder…
Find those duplicates and drag them to the trash…
Restart Animate… Are those duplicates gone from the Drawing Substitution window ?

Regards
Nolan

That will get rid of the drawing although it leaves a blank in its place. The result would be empties that would require jumping through to get the desired drawing. I guess the ideal method would be to make no mistakes and start over if you do.

Appreciate your time.

Create 6 drawings, save your project, then delete drawing 3 and 4, save your project…
Your drawings are permanently deleted from your elements-folder and the drawing substitution window…
The drawing substitution window should only show drawing 1, 2, 5 and 6…

If you would proceed like explained in my first post deleting your drawings from the timeline, or x-sheet, all those drawings should be deleted and disappear from the drawing substitution window… Be aware, save your project, then check your drawings…

Regards
Nolan

Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Yes, as you said - it works. The problem was that I kept “selecting” the drawing with the selection arrow and therefor selected the whole drawing, not just the element I wanted to delete.

Sounds simple enough but the wrong way just doesn’t produce the desired effect. Go figure.

Thanks, again and now back to animating.

Cheers.