Drawing is delayed till un-click

Hi, I’ve searched all over for an answer to this problem but haven’t found anything, so hopefully I won’t get flamed :slight_smile:

I have the PLE version of Toon Boom Animate 2 on a Toshiba M700 Tablet pc with windows 7 64 bit.

The problem is that whenever I draw a stroke the display of that stroke is delayed until I let go of left click. This happens using any of the three inputs I have, wacom pen, touch screen or mouse. I can draw and draw a stroke, it doesn’t how long I draw, it doesn’t display my stroke until I let go of left click. I feel like I must have some mode activated or something because no other program I have does this. That includes, flash, photoshop, pencil, sketchbook pro, etc etc.

So yeah, that’s basically it, if anyone has an idea what to do, I’d love to hear. I have tried repairing the instillation and uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting, the normals stuff to no avail.

Thanks for looking,

-jonathan

With Windows 7 64-bit the first thing is to make sure that you don’t have the Aero theme enabled. Right-click on your desktop and click “Personalise”, then set the theme to Basic instead of Aero.

Next thing to check is the graphics card on the laptop. Some laptops that have integrated graphics card don’t process OpenGL very well. You can try to update the graphics drivers for your laptop.

You can also try disabling Real-Time Antialiasing in the OpenGL tab of the preferences.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Thanks for the advice. however it seems to have intensified the problem. Now it not only has a delay but often has issues with drawing anything at all. In other words, the drawing window seems to not be refreshing correctly and will grab anything that passes over it and keep it, in its buffer or something. ( i have tried switching as well to basic, restarting, and then running it all with the same effect, on just the laptop monitor btw, I usually run dual ,but I disconnected it for this test. )

My drivers are up to date as far as i can discern ( 8.15.10.1825 on a intel 965 express )

I’d like to use this program, but it seems to not want me to! :frowning:

-jonathan

The Intel Express card is likely the issue here. Note that on the website we recommend the use of NVidia or ATI cards, as there have been some reports of users having issues with OpenGL on the Intel Express cards.

From the system requirements page on the website: NVIDIA® or ATI® Video card fully supporting
OpenGL with 128 MB of RAM

You can try to follow up with support@toonboom.com to see if they have any other suggestions but I’m afraid that your system just doesn’t meet the minimum requirements.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Ah i see, that’s too bad. It seems like it would be allot of fun to animate with toonboom on a tablet.

Thanks for the help