Dragging cells to new place on timeline automatically adds exposure

Is there any way I can move a cell across a timeline without having it automatically add exposure at the end?

The problem is that whenever I drag a cell to another place on a timeline on the same layer, it automatically adds exposure all the way up to the next cell for some reason.

I only wish to simply move the cell to a new place.

I’ve tried adjusting the preferences and looking for help on the website, but nothing seems to work.

I would greatly appreciate any help :slight_smile:

I am using Toon Boom Harmony Essentials ver. 15.0.5

(Screenshots of Before and After moving cells on Timeline)

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 10.53.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 10.53.09 PM.png

Okay. How exactly do I do that?

Oh, yeah. It also automatically adds exposure whenever I move the frame BACKWARDS too.

Also, if anyone could also attach screenshots, I would certainly be grateful.

I have the same problem very annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

Essentials was designed to do a simple animation which has no feature when drag and drop, unfortunately. The default option is to fill to next key exposure.

In Advanced and Premium, you have an option to disable ‘Fill to Next Key Exposure’ option. Sorry

Okay. It’s alright. Thanks for your help!

Just wondering, is there at least any possible way I can try to move cells without adding exposure? Because I’ve heard somewhere that you could add another frame or something.

I dont know if this work but I think it i did earlier. Now I use premium.

If you select the empty fram before as well as the empty frame after and move them together with the actual drawing it might work.

/ Mattias

This is related to the paste Special (Drag and drop) which is only available in Advanced and Premium.

There is no direct way to do it in Essentials unless, either delete extended timing after drag and drop moving or enter the timing manually in the xsheet.