Drag to Zoom

I would really love it if I could hold in the Z key and drag my stylus to zoom in and out - Like how it works in Sketchbook Pro or Photoshop. Is it possible that this feature already exists and I just need to turn it on in preferences somewhere?

Cheers-
Al

Key 1 and 2 should zoom out and in…
Hold down the z-key, then drag the area you would like to magnify…
Or click anywhere in the viewport…
Hold down the z and shift-key, then drag to zoom out again…
Or click anywhere in the viewport…
Shift+m to reset the viewport…

If you hold the spacebar down and move the middle button up/down it will zoom in/out.

thanks for the tips. unfortunately this is not what I’m talking about. unless I’m misunderstanding or I need to click a setting.

Right now when I hold the Z key in and tap with my cintiq stylus it zooms in a bit - if I hold in z+shift and tap it zooms out a bit. When I drag with my cintiq stylus it creates a bounding box and zooms into the box I created.

What I would prefer is when I hold in the Z key and press my stylus to the tablet if I drag right the image zooms in - if I drag left the image zooms out.

Am I misunderstanding your posts? Is this possible in animate 2 ?

cheers

As far as I know, this is not possible…

You can’t change the shortcut from Spacebar to Z to do this but you can do it with the Spacebar and middle-click button on your Cintiq. Just set up your Cintiq buttons so that it does middle-click and not double-click.

It’s not exactly the way you want it but close. You can also set your Cintiq buttons for zoom in/out as I’ve seen some people do.