Doesn't paste a drawing object

Hi everybody.

I’m working to import my previous animation made in Flash in order to continue it on Studio.
I want to make one only object with different drawing objects imported from the SWF file.
I don’t understand why if I select the object and cut it, it is neither impossible to paste it in the other drawing object by the keyboard shortcuts nor by the edit menu.
It works only if I right click in the stage.
To be better understood (due to my problems with the language) I have uploaded an explanatory video.

http://www.ziorip.com/files/pk.mov

Thanks in advance.

TBS is designed so that many commands require that the appropriate window pane be active for those commands to be available. Anytime that you are wanting to do something and a command you want to use is grayed out the most effective solution is to force the systems “focus” to the most appropriate window (IE the Drawing or Camera view window panes or the Timeline window pane.) Focus is gained on a pane by you clicking on the pane itself, usually the frame of that pane.

Unfortunately everytime you go to the timeline to select an element or a frame you transfer focus to the timeline and away from the drawing view or camera view pane, so you have to re-focus on the appropriate pane each time before you can proceed. One way to avoid this constant shifting of focus is to use keyboard short cuts but even those don’t always work without the appropriate focus being given. -JK

Thanks JK for the prompt and clear answer.

I had noticed that ‘feature’ but I didn’t associate it to this problem.

It is something that should be fixed, above all when users want to zoom with the keyboard and they can’t because they are in the Timeline.
Whenever I use a drawing tool and I click on the drawing panel to enable it I also draw a dot. :-\

Glad to help out. The focusing requirement is a function of an approach to the Windows™ programing environment. It isn’t directly a Toon Boom thing as much as the way Toon Boom is implemented in its approach to Windows™. To change this would require a major change in how the entire application interface is structured. The trick to avoid the dreaded leaving a dot on the pane when you give it focus is to always click on the pane’s frame either at the top of the pane or the bottom of the pane. That way you give it focus and never leave an unwanted artifact. -JK