does Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics run Harmony okay

Having to look at buying a laptop or Mac for my daughter and she wants to run Harmony.Does the Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics run it easily or do i need to upgrade

I only have Harmony information using Mac systems.

If you are buying a new computer Harmony is not yet compatible with either MacOS Big Sur or the Apple M1 silicon chip as of August 22, 2021, at least last time I checked and there is nothing alerting users coming to this forum where one would expect to find it
https://www.toonboom.com/notification/apple-m1-chipset-toon-boom-software

With the new Macs utilizing the Apple M chip there will not be any new Intel Macs produced for the common consumer level. (I don’t pay attention to the Xeon level workstations and servers). What you will see for a while is remaining stock of the last Intel based products. You can expect Apple to support Intel chips for a few years more but the time will come when you reach a limit on upgrade-ability and support and sooner rather than later.

In terms of CPU and GPU, the M series is significantly more powerful and definitely capable of running Harmony once compatibility issues are resolved.

If she does not have to use it right away it might be worth it to buy a new Mac with the M chip and wait for Harmony compatibility. No idea when that will come though. Many hardware and software manufacturers have had compatibility for many months

Consider Apple Refurbished to save money. Stock sells fast. Just keep checking. Refurbished are backed by the same warranty as brand new including eligibility for Applecare+ extended warranties.