Does anyone want to partner up with me on YouTube. Animations?

Hello,

I am looking for someone to partner up with on YouTube. Basically I’m a novice animator and I want someone who is experienced with drawing animations and knows how to use an animation software. Right now I purchased Toon Boom Studio 6. I also am going to get a pen tablet very soon hopefully. I am not really good with animations at the moment I’m still learning but I believe I can do good. So does anyone have good editing skills, animation skills, voice acting (for short skits), etc. who is willing to join me on my journey?

Please tell me here and add me as a friend on YouTube
TCAnimations
www.youtube.com/TCAnimations

You might want to post some of your stuff before asking someone to team up with you… they don’t know what they are getting intoyou naw mean?

Well I am a novice animator. I don’t have pictures of my work in animations but I can show my drawing skills. I am still learning Toon Boom. I find it to be quite easy. I think I can master it throughout my journey. I currently have 2 maybe 3 partners willing to help me out. However, I always need more. Each one of them specializes in a certain thing. (Ex. Drawing Objects, Animals, Heads, etc.). Some of them have good editing skills so they say. I still need more people. If you want to know what you are getting into basically its this. TCAnimations is going to be a small but skilled team of animators creating short movies, skits, parodies, etc. on YouTube. That’s all we are going to do and I believe it is going to be very fun and entertaining.

I am the lead animator for Doctor Stew, you can find us on youtube, but our video’s were taken down by FOX (even though they didnt make them!)you can find my work at http://www.doctorstew.com we are actually about to open up and bring on new animators who want to learn Toon Boom. I am a novice myself, picked up TBS in May 2010, and learning more every day. All I can say is, I wouldn’t have worked on Doctor Stew without SOME idea of what I was getting into before I got on the project.Your description is very misleading on YouTube, you need to get some videos up mate - even if its stick figures - Start somewhere.-Jason Garofola

Hey Jason, Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I think you may have misinterpreted what I wanted to say or meant. I am going to post some videos soon. However, to do that I need someone experienced with Toon Boom and editing skills to help me. Such as: answer my questions, show me tips and tricks, techniques, etc. You know what I mean? I cant start on my own. I need a little boost.

Thats the wrong attitude. YOU CAN start on your own. I never once in my life picked up an animation software before 2010, and within a year my work was featured in Doctor Who Magazine. You have to just dive in, and never doubt yourself. This isn’t like 1995, you have the best teacher at your fingertips: GOOGLE.You have to read read read, and THINK all the time. Don’t ever sell yourself short man… Nothing good is ever easy.

Thats the wrong attitude. YOU CAN start on your own. I never once in my life picked up an animation software before 2010, and within a year my work was featured in Doctor Who Magazine. You have to just dive in, and never doubt yourself. This isn’t like 1995, you have the best teacher at your fingertips: GOOGLE.You have to read read read, and THINK all the time. Don’t ever sell yourself short man… Nothing good is ever easy.[/quote]Hmmm what your saying is true. However, I looked at some videos and most of them aren’t very helpful. They are either extremely short or rushed. Do you have any suggestions? Maybe something you read that helped you out?

Not really… I just watched my favorite cartoons, and thought of the work that went into animating it, and tried to figure out how they did it. Monkey see monkey do.THE BEST WAY to speed your training up is to spend a grand on a WACOM Tablet. I swear, it will speed up your animation time 1000%

Alright thank you very much for your response. It really helped me out. I’m going to check out some tutorials maybe study some animations and understand the process.

I don’t want to talk guff about toon boom but flash has a lot more online support through tutorials and whatnot in comparison.That in mind, you need to start making things. Experimenting. Looking at what you are capable of creating. That’s the best way of learning… IMO

Sounds interesting. Give me more info, and I might do it.