Docking Windows

Do the docking windows work on a second monitor?

Hi,

OpenGL views may not always refresh properly on secondary monitors depending on the renderer you are using (from Edit>Preferences>Display tab) and also depending of your video card.

What exactly are you currently experiencing?

Regards,

Ugo

I can’t get the docking windows, for things like the color palette and pen windows, to work on the second monitor.

Hi,

Did you try to change the Renderer in the Preferences? Make sure you restart the application afterward.

Regards,

Ugo

I tried changing it, it didn’t work.

Hi,

Just checked to make sure and it seems to be working fine here on the second monitor (XP setup). We did manage to dock and undock tabs without much trouble.

What is your computer setup?

Regards,

Ugo

I have a XP setup.

Hi,

This is what we had tried… Could you explain exactly what you are trying to accomplish in detail, maybe what we have tried here was not necessarily what you are experiencing.

Regards,

Ugo

I am trying to move the windows for pen, text and properties onto my second monitor and to get the docking windows for them to work on that screen. They will move over to the second screen individually but I can’t get them to combine.

Hi,

Not sure but what I think the issue is that you are trying to dock multiple windows outside of the interface. To be able to have the windows to Dock on the second monitor make sure you extend the interface of the Toon Boom Studio software so it covers both monitor. Then you should be able to stack stuff together.

Regards,

Ugo

Oh, I didn’t do that, I’ll try it.

Yep, it works now.