Divx conversion possible in avi export?

I noticed that in the exports, one can export to AVI video. I have full Divx6 encoder installed on my PC but I don’t see it listed as a possible encoder. I’d like to export my toon boom studio creations directly to a divx file and send to friends. I see DV (too huge but could convert to that then divx after) as an option and Cinepak (terrible codec) but Toon Boom won’t pick up on my Divx codec that is installed. Is it just the version of Toon Boom that I have or something?

Hi,

The important thing about the codec you want to add to Toon Boom Studio is that they need to be Quicktime compliant. The render of images inside Studio is handled through a Quicktime interface and if you want to have access to extra codec you need to install some that are seen by Quicktime. Else then that everything should load properly.

Best regards,

Ugo

Thanks for the reply. I’m actually talking about the export. I see there are options to make a flash final product, or Quicktime, DV, AVI, etc. So I was wondering if I could make a Divx AVI file. I didn’t see my codec for some reason. :frowning:

Hi,

If those AVI codecs are not Quicktime compliant it is quite possible that they won’t show up in the list of codecs available for AVI.

Regards,

Ugo