.digital files in animate

Hello,

I’m having trouble exporting .digital files made in storyboard pro to .mov using standard animate not animate pro. Is this a version issue or should I be able to work with and export .digital files using standard animate?

Thank you,

David

You should be able to work with .digital files in Animate. What exactly is your workflow? Is it the following?

1) Make storyboard - do an Export to Toon Boom… then export to Animate family, exports .digital files for each scene
2) Open the .digital file in Animate
3) Export to Movie, save a .mov

I just tried this with Animate 1 and it worked for me. Is your workflow similar? Where are you snagging - are you able to open the .digital file? Do you get an error message?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Thank you for the reply Lilly,

Yes, my workflow is exactly that export to .digital to animate. I can work with the project fine in animate its just when I go to export to .mov that the problem occurs. It begins exporting the file to .mov then just stops the program doesn’t crash or anything and I don’t get an error message either it just doesn’t export the file to .mov. Maybe I should try reinstalling animate and see what happens?

Thank you,

David

Reinstalling Animate would be a good idea to try. If you still have issues, then probably the best thing to do here is email support directly, support@toonboom.com, and they can set up an ftp for you to send in your scene so that they can take a look at it and see what’s wrong.

Thank you for your patience.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Thanks again Lily,

I finally figured out what the issue was. I needed to download and install the new version of storyboard pro, off the toon boom site, as my cd version was causing the glitch when I exported a file to .mov. Now it works perfectly, thank you.

Sorry for the late reply been busy with work and school,

-David

No worries - I’m very glad you got it to work! And thanks for posting your solution here - now if someone else encounters the same problem, then they know what to do to solve it.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support