Difficulty with Wacom 19x12 Intuos3 Tablet

Having the same issue as reported in the other post regarding the pen only drawing a dot. Tried to downgrade the driver to the old one per the recommendation. Older driver won’t allow set-up of the tablet–I get a tablet mismatch error. I have the PTZ1231W tablet (19x12).

I’m running on a MAC OS 10.4.9 Dual 2.7gHz G5.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

You might want to try contacting Wacom to know if there is a version of the drivers that would be compatible with you tablet which is not one of the new ones.

Best regards,

Ugo

No Luck there. ToonBoom has reduced a very nice tablet into an expensive mousepad. I bought the tablet specifically to use with ToonBoom because the ToonBoom website said the Intuos3 (PTZ) Tablet was certified and compatible. The tablet works fine in all of my other apps, so it’s obviously an issue with ToonBoom. I’m hoping you can provide a solution–I’m in the middle of a project–My tiny graphire tablet just wasn’t cutting it–so I upgraded to the big Intuos3, again based on the information provided by ToonBoom. Please help.

Thanks,

David

Using Toon Boom Studio 3.5 / Intuos 2 (XD) / iMac G5 Intel / OSX 10.4.9

Well, it looks like that Toon Boom Studio 3.5 doesn’t like the newest Wacom-Driver
for Intuos 2 and 3 (Mac-Version) 6.0.3-2. (I couldn’t draw at all, only dots)

All other software I used worked fine with the new driver.
(Photoshop CS3 / Cinema 4D / Anime Studio / Art Rage / Rita)

Anyway I reinstalled 6.0.0-3 and all worked fine again.

I have no doubts that the “Toon Boom Team” will address this issue very soon.

Cheers
Nolan

Hi,

We are currently looking into this although for the moment the best way to fix it is to revert back to an older version of the driver (try the 6.0.0-3 or previous drivers if possible).

Best regards,

Ugo

can you give a link to the 6.0.0-3 download, i cannot find it on wacom site

Hi,

The original message is from 2 years ago, unfortunately Wacom most likely no longer provide this driver on their website. You can try to contact them if you want to access those specific set of drivers.

Best regards,

Ugo