deformation tool error

whenever I apply a deformation to a drawing, it moves back in perspective, and when I select the drawing and translate it to the move it forward, the drawing doest move along the Z axis, it just moves along the X and Y. Can anyone help me out thanks

Is the deformer by itself? Or is it attached to another deformation chain via kinematic output or straight?

Can you post images/videos of whats going on and or the project file.

i have attached a jpg file in my previous post

i have attached a jpg file in my previous post[/quote]
It’s because you don’t have the animate button turned on, you’re in reposition mode so it’s not putting any keyframes down, but moving everything (it’s used to change/position of duplicates/original without putting down keyframes).

the running man needs to be checked for that to work.

It’s because you don’t have the animate button turned on, you’re in reposition mode so it’s not putting any keyframes down, but moving everything (it’s used to change/position of duplicates/original without putting down keyframes).

the running man needs to be checked for that to work.[/quote]
i need some distance between the boy and the arm so a table can be placed between them , need the character’s arm over the able but the arm snaps back with the torso when the deformation button is on
check two more pictures i have added

the running man needs to be checked for that to work.[/quote]
i need some distance between the boy and the arm so a table can be placed between them , need the character’s arm over the able but the arm snaps back with the torso when the deformation button is on
check two more pictures i have added[/quote]
Your images are tiny, i can barely see anything. If its snapping with deform on theres a keyframe there, shift+f6 to erase it or click the reset to default position in the deformer toolbar.