Default New Scene settings

Is there any way to set the defaults for a new scene? Every time I create a new scene I have to find and select the custom settings I created for HD 1280x720, 24 fps. TB always defaults to NTSC.

Also, can I change the default Scene Length to something other than 60? Very rarely are any of my scenes that short.

Thanks!

you can in fact change the initial scene length and it isn’t that hard to do do.

go to edit scripts

find tb_scenecreated (or similar named)

find

var oldNbFrames = frame.numberOf();
if (oldNbFrames < 60)
frame.insert(0, 60-oldNbFrames);

replace the 60’s with the number of frames you want

eg for 120

var oldNbFrames = frame.numberOf();
if (oldNbFrames < 120)
frame.insert(0, 120-oldNbFrames);

Then export the script to the default location and you have a new scene with 120 fames :slight_smile:

James, your idea worked great! Thanks!

Lilly, I’m having trouble getting this to work properly. The text had been:

default NTSC
resolution HDTV 1920 1080 fps 24 H
resolution film-1.33 2048 1536 fps 24 H

So the highlighted default was always NTSC.

When I added my new setting and changed it like this:

default HD
resolution HD 1280 720 fps 24 H

It appears in the list but is not highlighted as the default. Nothing is highlighted. If I create a new scene the settings are my new default, so that’s nice. How do I get the highlight back so that I’m sure it’s using the right one?

No. When you first open TBA and you have the option of creating a new scene. Previously NTSC was highlighted as the default option. After changing the config file, nothing is highlighted but the new default is the one I created.

Oh well, I can live with it.

PC with W7. I got it to work. I put my new entry at the bottom of the list instead of the top and now it is highlighted and works fine. Here’s my list:

default HD
resolution film-1.66 2048 1234 fps 24
resolution NTSC 720 540 fps 24 V
resolution PAL 768 576 fps 25 V
resolution low 360 270 fps 24 41.112
resolution HD 1280 720 fps 24 H

If you edit the resolution.conf file, which is located inside the Application directory, then you can set the resolution that you want to be default by putting a “default” in front of it. You could even remove those resolutions that you did not want to use from the list.

Let me know what operating system you’re on for a specific path, or you could just do a search for "resolution.conf"

I don’t think there’s a way to change the default scene length, but you can always just go to Scene > Scene Length when you create your scene and type in whatever value you’d prefer there.

~Lilly

When you change the default it changes for all new scenes that are created - so in this case that’s working correctly.

If you want to change the current scene’s resolution, then you need to do this from the Scene Settings dialogue. Then you should be able to select the resolution that you want.

When you say it’s not highlighted, are you talking about on the current scene? It’s probably using the Custom that you’ve typed in.

~Lilly

Oh I see what you’re saying. Let me run some tests here and see if I get the same result.

~Lilly

So I ran some tests on my mac and it highlights the new default value properly. Here’s what my resolution.conf looks like:

default LIL
resolution film-1.66 2048 1234 fps 24
resolution NTSC 720 540 fps 24 V
resolution PAL 768 576 fps 25 V
resolution low 360 270 fps 24 41.112
resolution LIL 100 200 fps 12 V

When I launch the software, the new resolution LIL is highlighted.

Are you on a Mac or a PC?

~Lilly

Huh interesting. Well I’ll send your feedback to the team to see if there’s an issue with that!

~Lilly