Cutter tool problem...

hi … It seems I cant select with cutter tool with lasso option… Please Help me

There are two solutions:
solution one:
double click the symbol in the timeline view, enter the symbol, you can use cutter tool to cut it!

solution two:
when you import images, in the “Import Images” popup windows,
make sure disable “Create Symbol for Imported Items” option.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2yzkl76.jpg

Going by the image you do not have the Drawing layer or a Cell selected.

Even when I use the Cutter Tool on a drawing without first selecting the Drawing Layer or a Cell in the Timeline the action of using the Cutter Tool automatically selects the Drawing Layer.

How was that character created?

I was using a drawing created within Animate Pro but I can get the results I described using a PSD file and I would expect the same with other formats.

(Animate Pro would be the same as Harmony in this instance)

Can you describe every step you took?

Hi…
Thanks for the reply o0Ampy0o.
the character i just goggled it for learning purpose. Then took it to Photoshop. Removed the background and saved it as .png

First of all I set all the settings to default. then gone through the process in Camera View. But none of them are working. i have imported the image Options set on importing are Create Single Layer named *******.png.
Create Symbol for Imported Items.
Now there was a Drawing layer from the start up of the software. Now I’ve selected the cutter with lasso option and tried to cut with the drawing layer selecting and again not selecting the Drawing Layer. but it was not working.

And yes its for me too when I use the Cutter Tool on that imported image without first selecting the Drawing Layer or a Cell in the timeline the action of using the Cutter Tool automatically selects the Drawing Layer.

I tried this process importing that pic in vectorize form too…but in the end all it was same
Please help. For checking purpose I drew a rectangle on a new Drawing Layer and tried to cut with Cutter Tool with Lasso. It was nicely selecting it. I’m using Harmony 10.3 Stage

Try doing everything except the part making it a Symbol. I don’t think Symbols can be manipulated like other formats. I just tried a Symbol and could not get the Cutter Tool to work. Then I imported the file using the exact settings but unchecked the option to make it a Symbol and I could slice it like pie.
:slight_smile:

please help.is character Breakdown only done by cutting with cutter?
can I do this importing image. or would i have to vectorized it first?