Cutter tool on imported bitmap image

Hello!

I’m building a bitmap cut-out character. I have imported my layered .psd file as ‘TB bitmap image’ and assumed it will be editable, but when I want to cut the image into further layers in Harmony, I don’t seem to be able to use the cutter tool and paste the cut-out selections as new layers (Edit → Create a new drawing layer out of drawing).

To clarify: I’m using the cutter tool in the camera view (and intend to swith to drawing view for editing the new layers once I’ve created them).

Is this feature not available for imported bitmap images or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

It should work if you imported it as “Toon Boom Bitmap Drawing”. Are you sure you didn’t chose “Keep as Original Bitmap” instead?

In any case, I think it would be a better workflow to make all the layers as finished as possible in Photoshop because Harmony isn’t really adequate for more that basic editing of converted bitmap images. Of course, you can draw bitmap assets if you work with Advanced or Premium, but retouching converted bitmap drawings from Photoshop might not give you the best results.

Luis Canau