Cutter problem

Im in the render view and when I look at the edges of my shapes that have the Cutter effect, I see a thin edge of the underlying vector art.

Of course this goes away when I go back to the Open GL view.

The artwork is all vector.

I’ve tried replacing the Cutter node with a new one and restarted the app.

Is there something I can do? Has this come up before?

I’m using Harmony 12.1.0
Mac osx v10.10.5
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB

Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 9.06.22 PM.png

That’s because you are not seeing the underlying vector art but the antialiasing.
Send a screenshot of how the cutter is being used, it may suggest a solution,
otherwise contact support to have a look at the project.

Also, does composite modes have something to do with it? It seems to lessen when I make my composite nodes “seamless bitmap”.

This works but its not the best solution in the world. I found that if you plug it several times into a composite then into your main composite it works but is there another way to get around this or are we doing something wrong?

Try adding a Matte-Resize (from the node library) to the face and reduce the radius of the face slightly.

A method I have seen used - I never quite understood why, until I read this question! - is to plug the cutter node into the composite node multiple times. I’m not sure why it works, but it does! I would have the render view on in the camera view, and in another panel, have the node view on. Keep adding additional connections from the cutter to the composite until the anti-aliasing line goes away.

To keep your network tidy, you can use an additional composite node to hold the multiple connections, and then connect that one to the main composite. Set the additional composite node’s render mode ‘pass-through’.